Tuesday, February 23, 2010




I was asked to make a 21st birthday card for a young lady who likes butterflies. I had seen an article in Cardmaking & Papercrafts mag, which I liked so adapted it to suit my card. I'm not too sure about it. What do you think?
I used acetate, Nesties labels, Cuttlebug dots, Laura Ashley stamps & My Minds Eye wild asparagus stamp, Woodware border punch, wire and gems from my stash.
I'm entering this into the following Challenges-
Lexis Creations - anything goes
Billi - Butterflies or dragonflies
Lots to Do - use a machine

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'd be so proud if I made this!! It's beautiful, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful butterfly card Elaine, I saw that article also and I love your take on it. I rather like your idea of putting gems on those yummy swirls really makes them pop. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine this is absolutely stunning - so elegant

    Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge this week xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine what a gorgeous card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whhat a beautiful card Elaine.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture of your card! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Elaine and so elegant. Perfect colours for a young girl.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this amazing card. Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge with this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i think she will adore it..i love pink and butterflies...this is gorgeous i love the colours! Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

    Hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your work at Lexi's Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us & good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is very striking

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the pink butterfly :-)

    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! Love how you used acetate on your butterfly!! Beautiful embossed and stamped bg, too!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete