Monday, August 13, 2012

A Card at Last

I have finally made a card. It has been on my desk like seems forever. My Dad is out of hospital and improving so I have a bit more time. My sister and I have had to alter his house so that he can live in the ground floor only. It has take a bit of time and effort but it is nearly complete. 
Now my card. I have kept this one simple using Tonic Studios Pick of the Bunch deigned by Ruth Hamilton.





I have heat embossed the image in gold on pearl card and heat embossed the leaves and edges on cream vellum. The patterned paper is Papermania. A few gold gems and Liquid Pearls add the finishing touches.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-


I have missed looking at all your lovely blogs lately so intend to try and catch up in the next few days.


15 comments:

  1. Very elegant looking card. Great embossing - I've just tried that for the first time last week! Hope your dad improves soon. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, Beautiful CAS card. Wonderful image and design.
    Thank you so much for joining us at TPC this week.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Elaine.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured elegance PERFECTLY! This is a gorgeous card Elaine!
    thinking of you and hoping you're doing well.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautifully designed card Elaine. I love the way you have embossed that gorgeous rose image

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous creation, just perfect for our challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cad Elaine wnd so pleased your dad is out of hospital

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Elaine, love the image and the fab design around it!
    Thanks for going round in circles for us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very classy card Elaine, I love cream and gold it always looks really elegant. So glad your Dad is improving.
    Hugs
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning elaine.beautiful classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple stunning Elaine, Hope your ok! thinking about you too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really elegant card!

    Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous creation !
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' challenge. Hope to see you back next week

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very delicate looking card, love it. Thank you for joining us at Secret Crafter SC. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete