Thursday, February 25, 2016


As You Like It Challenge

Another 2 weeks have gone by and we are nearing the end of February. I have only 1 more day of work and then I am retiring. I think tomorrow will be of mixed feelings. I will miss all of my colleagues, but I am looking forward to spending more time with my husband and of course hopefully more time to craft....

Anyway on to our challenge.

This fortnight As You Like It are sponsored  by

gif maker


This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using
your Favourite Occasion (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.
   

I love to make cards for unusual occasions. They are a real challenge. The card I have made here is for a police passing out parade. 

I have chosen this card I made recently for a friend who couldn't find a suitable card to buy for a police passing out  celebration.
I tried to bring in the theme with the chequered border but still keep the card girly.

I used Spellbinder border, docrafts tri boss embossing folder, LOTV papers, Marianne flower dies.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Elaine, and I'm very jealous of your retirement, I'd love to have more time to craft instead of work! Good luck tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed an unusual occasion and I love the way you have incorporated the checkerboard hat band. Wishing you a long and happy retirement xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the heart.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Elaine & perfect for the occasion :o)
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, congratulations on your retirement...I know what you mean about the mixed feelings, I am thinking of making the move after this year but it's kinda scary and I would miss my colleagues. I am really kind of hoping I can just cut back to part time and ease into not working...anyway I love your card, you very definitely pulled of the girly part. I love the papers and embellies. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the papers. Enjoy your retirement! More crafty time :-)
    Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elaine.
    Such a beautiful card.
    Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week - Mothers' Day/Female

    Have a nice and creative day, Jana - DT C.R.A.F.T. Ch.
    My blog: http://janinustvarjalnivrt.blogspot.si/ (Jane's Creative Garden)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.


    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete